In hindsight....

Looking back...there are lot of things I wish I did...or did differently.

Not that I totally regret my life mind you. It's just life is so short...in retrospect it's such a shame not to have lived it to its fullest. You only realize this when you reach a certain age. All of a sudden...you realize...that it's already too late.

I'm not talking about really heavy stuff...though a few pop into my mind. This post is about the small things that wish we wish we did in the past, when there was still a lot of time, before we got sucked into the routine that would, for good or for bad, define our adult lives.

Me, for example:

I wish I learned how to dance;

I wish I learned to play the guitar really, really good;

I wish I learned how to play the piano;

I wish I learned to eat right from the very start;

I wish I learned how too cook;

I wish I learned another language;

I wish I saved more at the bank;

I wish I was friendlier with people;

Well...you get the idea.

Looking on the bright side though, I can still do some of those things. Maybe.

What can I say? Hindsight always has better vision than foresight.

That's why at times I look at my son, my nephews, my nieces, who are all at least twenty or so years younger than me...with envy. So young, so full of drive, of hopes and dreams for the future. I was like that once. A long time ago.

I hope and I pray that they all live life to the fullest. And that goes for all young people out there.

In my case at least, it would seem that life has sucked the life out of me. If that isn't ironic I don't know what is.

As they say though, hope spring eternal.

So maybe I shouldn't give up just yet. Not just on the small things...but on the big things as well.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.


- Alexander Pope,
An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger