Losing my edge....

I dunno. It seems I've forgotten how to write.

I used to be a prolific writer. I used to be able to write long-winded essays about anything and everything from the top of my head in a snap...nowadays, it would seem I can't be bothered anymore.

As a result, my blogging seems to have taken a downturn.

These days everyone's so into Facebook, and Twitter, into status updates and micro-blogging...no one really blogs anymore, except for the precious few who still consider blogging as an art.

In these times of ADHD, it seems no one has the patience to read full paragraphs of text anymore, instead preferring to read simple, quick and easy one-liners.

It's a shame really. I love writing. And now it feels I'm losing my edge.

I have tons of topics in my head I want to write about, but I can't seem to get myself to start. It's a waste though to just let these ideas rot away in some corner of my brain without giving them a chance to see the light of day...some of them may actually be good.

I'll try my best to write again. Writing used to be an outlet for me, a form of catharsis, of washing my soul from all the angst and disappointment I get from the daily grind...who knows? Maybe I've finally gotten used to the angst and disappointment. Maybe I've finally accepted the fact that we don't always get what we want out of life...that I'm tired of the rat race...that I just want to stop and smell the roses...or maybe all I want to do is smell the roses and not do anything else at all.

All in due time I suppose.

Everything has its place and time.

Writing and blogging included.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger