Dry spells and miscellaneous ramblings....

I'm not blogging as much as I used to, but I guess you've already noticed by now.

I guess I just have a lot on my mind the past couple of weeks...or months, and I just can't seem to focus enough to blog as regularly as before.

It's been almost three years since I started blogging, and this is the longest dry spell I've ever been through. Well, three years is an eternity in the blogosphere, with numerous bloggers giving up only after a few months or so. I suppose it was just a matter of time before I got bored with it eventually.

It's not that I plan on quitting soon, but my intermittent hiatuses (yes, hiatuses is the plural form of hiatus, I looked it up) have taken a significant toll on the number of people visiting my blog. Nowadays I'm averaging less than a fourth of the number of visitors I got during my blog's heyday. Can't say I blame them though. The moment a blog isn't updated, people lose interest. That's just the way things are.

Probably I'm just spending way too much time trying to level up my character on Ran Online (see previous post here). (Skip this part if you don't play Ran Online, you won't be able to relate.) After slightly more than four months of playing, I'm finally on the threshhold of my character earning the last skill for its particular class and type, the much feared Tornado Slash. Alas, at this point leveling up has been quite a chore, and oftentimes I ask myself why I even bother playing this game. Well, I guess it's a better diversion than booze or drugs, but still, I often wonder why a grown man like me, a professional in my thirties, can be so obsessed about something as trivial as leveling a character in a MMORPG. Eventually I'll probably move on to more fruitful pursuits. Whatever those are.

At the very least, online RPGs provide a good respite from all the woes, miseries and problems of real life, in an escapist sort of way. Admit it or not, sometimes reality bites, and immersing one's self in a make believe world can be quite entertaining. As long as you don't overdo it, of course. :-)

Going back to the problem at had, that is, my waning interest in blogging, so what do I blog about? Nothing is striking a chord with me at the moment, maybe something will come to me sooner or later. Whether I get one or one thousand visitors, I still plan on updating this blog every now and then. Maybe not as often as I may have used to, but such is the price we pay for pursuing other interests and endeavors.

The Bar results are on the horizon, and as much as I would prefer not to think about it, people around me tend to prevent me from doing that. Some of the people I know have a penchant for taking every opportunity to remind me that the results for what is perhaps the most difficult government exam in the country is just around the corner. Frankly, I'd rather not know about it until the last minute, and I would appreciate it if people stop reminding me.

Historically, the exam has always had a high casualty rate, with 70-90% of those taking it failing to make the grade. So, if you're a masochist or a sucker for pain, law is probably for you. Me, I'm not really sure how I ended up in this situation, it sort of just happened. A subject here, a subject there, before I realized it, I had graduated, and taking the Bar.

I hope and pray that I pass. Not for myself, but for my loved ones, especially my parents, who have sacrificed a lot in seeing me get this far. I wish I could say that passing is a certainty, alas I cannot. I leave it to God's infinite wisdom to decide the proper path for me. As far as I am concerned though, I gave it my all, and tried my best. If it isn't enough, well...while I don't relish the possibility, I'll probably take it again. But I pray it doesn't come to that. Not again.

I'm also now considering a career change. I have actually been with the same job for more than ten years. I think that's too long to stay in one job, lest I lose my edge. No wait, I already lost it. :-) But kidding aside, yeah, I guess it's the right time to start considering other pastures. You'll never know if the grass in greener on the other side of the fence if you don't sneak a peek at least. I guess it's about time I did.

I guess that does it for this particular post. Stay tuned, hopefully I'd be able to blog about something more interesting than my own boring existence. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger