As the world turns....

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHave you ever had the feeling that life seems to be just like one...long...soap opera? Or perhaps a sitcom? I don't know, lately it seems to feel that way to me.

Things have been happening lately...a lot actually. Not necessarily to me, but to the people around me. A lot of life changes are in the air. Friends moving on...to different jobs...countries even. Kids. New friends. Old friends, but with new twists. Acquaintances dying. Revelations. Cast members leave. New cast members come to take their place. And the list goes on....

Sometimes I feel like I'm standing still, while everyone around me is moving to and fro. Like everyone's going somewhere but me. But then I thought...it just feels this way, because this is me. Perhaps, to their point of view, I'm one of those moving quickly to and fro, while they feel like they're standing still. Everything is relative it seems, and we ought to be thankful for what we have, for the blessings we have received.

Just recently, only a week or so ago, I met someone I've been dying to meet for the longest time. And I wasn't disappointed. Just the opposite in fact. Now am playing it by ear. After a while you start taking things slow, keeping your expectations down. It helps deal with disappointments and failures. But who knows? Maybe if I do things right, things may work out. Maybe a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. It's been some time now since I last risked anything of this sort, so what the hey?

Not long after that, An opportunity crept in for a possible new job. Oh, I could use a new job. My current career has hit the proverbial glass ceiling, so to speak. And it's unfortunate that the prevailing culture and work ethic in my present office leaves much to be desired. It's ironic that the same thing you like about something is precisely the same thing you hate. What I like best at work is the people. And what I hate the most is also the people.

Ah, bittersweet irony. The story of my life. Some think I live a very fruitful and exciting life. I think my life is so dull. But a change is bound to happen soon, and I plan to be at ground zero when that happens...as long as it's not a bomb exploding or a plane crashing...:-)

Comments

Cristina G. said…
in the grand scheme of things, where oh where do we fit in? Ü
Ronald Allan said…
If we knew, it wouldn't be as much fun now would it? Half the fun is finding out for ourselves...;-)
Cristina G. said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ronald Allan said…
Hey...! Hmmm...are you stalking me? Hahahahahahaha :-)
Cristina G. said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cristina G. said…
bwahaha!!! inom na lang tayo. Ü

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger