Eh....

Hmmm…not really much to write about it seems. I’m drawing a blank of sorts. I guess my unkymood indicator is correct after all, since I am feeling a bit “so-so”…neither here nor there, in the dark uncharted void between happiness and sadness…between living and existing. Not that it bothers me. Actually, it seems rather peaceful and serene.

Things have been kinda slow lately in the office…so I while away the time tinkering with my blog’s template, writing posts…as well as make adjustments and improvements in other people’s blogs, which I agreed to do for them in exchange for permission to post a small “ad”, in a matter of speaking, to my own blog. Want to try making a dynamic ad of your blog? Go to http://www.feedburner.com/. Ah, what boredom can do…:-)

The week as a whole has been rather uneventful as well. Valentine ’s Day was well, also “so-so”…neither bad nor good. One of the memorable things about this year’s Valentine ’s Day was that the girl I like got the bouquet I sent her. Which she liked by the way, or at least I hope. Hmmm. But wait a minute, that was last week.

Valentine ’s Day also happened to be our office’s 10th year anniversary, the smashing highlight of which was my first visit to Market Market, a new mall in The Fort. Told you it was nothing to write about…but I did get to spend the afternoon downing a few beers at Trellis with friends in the shade…on a hot balmy afternoon…trading tirades and watching the passersby. I also got to finally meet the man behind PhilHealth.tk. I guess some of the mystery is already gone isn’t it? Di ba pre? Hahahaha.

The next day I took a leave of absence for a job interview which I felt I did pretty well. It’s one of those type of jobs that I would actually enjoying doing, but the pay is merely ok…not exceptional. A worthy trade off? What would you prefer, a job that really isn’t you, but pays very well, or a job that’s definitely you, but the pay is a little more humbling? Wish I had a ready answer to give you. But I have a feeling that I’ll learn for myself soon enough.

At home I spent most of the time viewing a bunch of DVDs that I haven’t gotten around to seeing yet. I watched Oliver Stone’s Alexander which was pretty good, but to be honest, I didn’t find to be all that impressive. I watched a lot of old movies too, like Philip Kaufman’s The Right Stuff (based on the novel of the same name written by Tom Wolfe, depicting the birth and the early years of the U.S. space program), Rob Reiner’s A Few Good Men starring Tom Cruise, Demi Moore and Jack Nicholson (“You can’t handle the truth!”) and a slew of episodes from the 2nd season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I can’t count the number of discs I used on my player. Must be close to a thousand by now.

I also read a lot, and in the past week I’ve read around four books. I posted write-ups of those books elsewhere here in my blog, check them out if you’re interested. At present I’m just halfway through Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I’m bound to post my comments about this book when I finish it, so watch this space. Tuesdays with Morrie is the last unread book I have in my possession, so am figuring out what else to read when I finish it. Am thinking about another Og Mandino book, like A Better Way to Live or The Gift of Acbar, or perhaps another Paulo Coelho book, The Fifth Mountain, or maybe even another author altogether. Any suggestions? I guess I can always go back to reading FHM if I can’t decide…:-)

Had some invitations this weekend for drinks and what not, but I opted not to go. For one thing, I guess it would be better to spend the time with my son, and to clean up my room and den, the living conditions of which can be best described as “abysmal” to say the least. :-) I believe there’s a trade show on anime’ called Animexplosion to be held at Megamall this weekend. I think my son would enjoy going there, since he’s as much of an anime’ fan as I am. Probably more. He honed his reading skills reading the subtitles of Japanese-dubbed cartoons on Animax. Me, I would rather wait for the English-dubbed versions…:-)

Till next post....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger