Tagged!

Tagged by xtnag...

Random Ten (10) Songs
Not in any particular preference/order

1~Plush
Stone Temple Pilots. First song I ever performed in a band. I was a rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist at the start of my band run. I can still remember the chords of the song. The intro is: G-A#-A-G (repeat 4x, distortion on). A great alternative rock song.

2~Higher
Creed. Alternative rock band with a religious flavor. Just listen to the lyrics. Another staple song from my band days. The intro chords are D-A-G (done twice, the first run using clean tones, the second run with distortion on).

3~My Sacrifice
Same as above. The chord pattern is D-B-G and D-A-B-G.

4~Harana
Parokya ni Edgar. I performed an acoustic version of this song at our 2001 corporate Christmas party, as requested by a colleague. Don’t ask me the chords, I just sang. :-)

5~I’ll Be
Edwin McCain. A soulful acoustic song that I like a lot, and also liked by a number of close friends.

6~The Reason
Hoobastank. I like everything about this song. The melody, the lyrics, the arrangement, the vocals.

7~Wag Na Wag Mong Sasabihin
Kitchie Nadal. A touching love song with an excellent acoustic accompaniment. And Kitchie's voice and singing style is just plain awesome. Has the uncanny ability of repeating itself endlessly in your head.

8~Alive
Pearl Jam. Another alternative rock song (by now I've guess you've noticed my being partial to alternative rock). Performed this a number of times as well with my band, and also sang this at the our office's 8th anniversary party. For some reason I can imitate Eddie Veder's voice pretty well. Intro is A-Asus4.

9~Your Body Is A Wonderland
John Mayer. It was while performing this song that I realized that I can actually swoon girls in the audience. But its not because of me. Its because of the song...:-)

10~214
River Maya. A great Pinoy band, member changes notwithstanding. I always liked this song as far as I can remember...

(P.S. This is by no means my top ten. There are a whole lot more songs that I like and find meaningful...)

What is the total amount of music files in your computer?
~In the office its about a gig. Hardly ever use my office PC for browsing, since at any given time someone from the network is listening to my shared MP3s. At home its 7.89 gigs. All MP3s. Also have 15.3 gigs of music videos in MPEG format.

The last CD I bought/got was...
~Does a blank CD count? A no name brand blank CD-R, and a Melody DVD-RW :-) Seriously, I think its "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones.

What was the last song you listened to before reading this message/entry?
~"Princesa" by Teeth. Have a liking for Pinoy alternative as well.

5 songs you listen to a lot or mean a lot to you and why...
~"Foolish Heart" by Steve Perry...because my heart is foolish...;
~"Were All Alone" by Boz Scaggs...because I am alone...;
~"Til They Take My Heart Away" by Clair Marlo...a very reassuring song. I can just imagine my special someone (assuming I have a special someone) singing this to me...and everything would just be ok;
~"Get Here" by Oleta Adams...such a soulful and emotional song;
~"Tell Me" by Side A, originally done by Joey Albert...because I can so relate to this song. Don't ask why. I won't tell you.

Who are you gonna pass this stick to? (3 persons and why?)
~Ning - for her 41st birthday on the 28th...
~Naomi - an old college bud who would no doubt like to do this...
~Abbie - a young fellow blogger who would enjoy this as well...:-)

Guys? Would you be kind enough to indulge a friend? Tag! You're it! :-) Answer these questions and post it on your blog too. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger