New blog name....

In case you haven't noticed, I decided to change the name of my blog from "Yada yada yada...." to "Quaere Verum". It turns out that there are at least three other blogs named "Yada yada yada" or something close to it, including one from here in the Philippines as well. I would actually prefer it if my blog name was unique and distinct, so as not to confuse it with other blogs. Some of those blogs with similar names were in fact started earlier than my own, so I guess changing the name was inevitable.

I suppose it's just as well, never did like it that much. I was just caught off guard when I first created a blog, not having any idea what to call it. I thought of that phrase, which I first heard on an episode of "Seinfeld." Doesn't really mean or represent anything significant to me though.

In choosing a new name, I decided on using a simple criteria: (1) It had to be unique, or at least, no other blogs with that name [as far as Blogarama and Google were concerned]; (2) I should be able to relate with the name; (3) It should be brief, just two to four words long; (4) It should have some profound meaning...at least to me.

Failing to come up with something in English which filled the bill, I decided to look for something in Latin. Might as well I guess, to unify the theme of my blog. No, am not a linguist, but I have always been fascinated with the language, as I have come across it so many times in my studies and readings of history, law and religion.

I finally settled on "Quaere Verum," which translates to "seek the truth." What do you think? I think it suits me....:-)

My apologies to those other bloggers who linked to me using my old blog name. Sorry for the inconvenience. Of course the URL remains the same...http://ronallan.blogspot.com/ or http://www.ronallan.tk/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger