Look closer....

For the past several weeks now, Aaron has been asking me where I kept my old magnifying glass. Apparently he wants to use it for certain "experiments" of his. Unfortunately, even though I know I put it somewhere, I can't seem to remember where. Probably in some drawer I can't reach because of all the stuff stacked around the place.

I loved my old magnifying glass when I was a kid. Yeah, it seems nerdy in retrospect, but I put it to good use (in a matter of speaking), either looking closely at objects, or focusing the sun's rays on stuff and pretending it was a laser beam. A lot of ants sacrificed their lives in the name of scientific curiosity because of that magnifying glass. :-) It's been several years since I last did anything of the sort. It was a shame I couldn't my find my old lens. I was looking forward to reliving some of those memories, this time with my son.

Well, as luck would have it, I chanced upon magnifying glasses being sold at Toy Kingdom in SM Megamall. I was looking around for a birthday gift for a Godson who just turned one when I bumped into a shelf full of them. Somehow I'm amazed at the unexpected stuff you can buy at Toy Kingdom. I remember it was also here that Aaron and I bought a telescope. They sell stuff you can't seem to find anywhere else.

And now we have a new magnifying glass. I wonder what sort of weird experiments Aaron will think of using this? Watch this space. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Originally posted September 1, 2005 on The Ronald Anthony Diaries.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger