Seeing that justice is served....

For the past number of weeks, I have been sitting as a member in a committee the sole purpose of which is to determine the guilt or innocence of certain fellow employees who have been charged administratively because of alleged improprieties. It is a daunting task to say the least.

It is not an easy thing to come up with decisions that could have life-long consequences for colleagues, who like myself, toil day in and day out in the same office I do, trying to earn a living. What makes it more difficult is the fact that I happen to know a number of them personally. And yet, you can't just ignore the possibility that maybe they are indeed guilty of committing certain improper acts, and as such, should be meted the appropriate penalties as prescribed by law.

Well, at least it hasn't come to that. Not yet, anyway.

But eventually, after hearing all the testimonies, after seeing all the evidence, the committee of which I am a part of would have to come up with a decision. Somehow, I'm pretty confident that once I have seen all the information, I can give as objective a vote as I possibly can.

I have sworn to myself that I will try to be as impartial as possible, and see to it that justice is served to those colleagues of mine charged with administrative offenses. If they are indeed guilty, they have to be responsible for their actions. If not, as I am always fond of saying, the truth shall set them free.

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Knowing what is possibly at stake, I pray that God would give me the clarity of thought needed to make the right choices and decisions. I have no doubt He will.

I also pray for those charged, that if they are indeed innocent, that their innocence be made apparent for everyone to see. And if they are guilty, for them to have the strength and courage to own up to their mistakes, and to bear the consequences of their own misdeeds.

I guess that is all one in my situation could ask for. This challenge will see its conclusion soon enough. And I am bent on doing the right thing. Regardless of the cost. So help me God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger