Midweek ramblings....

I actually used up my stock of pre-written posts, so now I have to start writing again. :-) I used to keep at least a week's worth of posts in my drafts section, so I can still regularly post even if I'm busy with other things. As it turned out, things became a bit more hectic than usual, so aside from a few quiz results, I'm out of reserve posts.

Actually, things are still a bit on the busy side, but I can't help but post even a wee update just to keep things fresh. One of the tenets of blogging is that you have to post regularly. It doesn't have to be everyday, as long as you do it at regular intervals. As you build up a reader base, they start expecting updates of your blog at the pace in which you regularly post. In my case, I kinda ended up posting an update everyday, so I might as well live up to that trend. Here are a few updates on my "so-called life" (if you can call it that):

Things have been busier than usual lately, and as a result I haven't been able to blog-hop with the same frequency I did before. My apologies to some fellow bloggers whose blogs I haven't been able to visit lately. I noticed that some of their latests posts dealt with interesting subjects, so I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't been able to post comments on them. Personally, I'm the type of person who tries to give sensible comments. So, if I don't have the time to fully digest the post and come up with a responsive comment, I just pass on it for the time being. There are a lot of bloggers who are content to post greetings or off-topic subjects in comment boxes. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, but I guess I'm just not one of them.

I helped Rain clean up her blog after some absent slash marks ("/") wreaked havoc on her blog. It's a bit curious how missing slash marks had anything to do with the the alignment of the background, but it did. I made the discovery after some lengthy staring sessions at her template. It wasn't that obvious in the code, so it took a bit of an effort. But once the errors were found, it was a cinch to fix. I hope she's happy with the results. It's now back to its old pink self. :-)

Late last week, I finally finished watching all 47 DVDs of my compilation of Star Trek: Voyager. I intend to write a series review of sorts, just like the one I wrote for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I haven't gotten around to starting it, probably this weekend. I doubt it if anyone actually reads my posts about Star Trek. There just aren't that many Filipino trekkies out there. I only know two other trekkies from my office, and none of them are into blogging. Well, no one may be reading my Trek posts, but I'll still keep posting them just the same. :-)

I'm planning on buying a new cell phone, to replace my main unit, a Nokia 6600, which has served me well for almost two years. It's fine and all, but lately it seems to be getting a little long in the tooth. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm pretty sure that any new phone that I buy will still be a Nokia based on the Series 60 software platform for the Symbian OS. Definitely it should have a camera (for taking pictures for my blog) and a memory slot, so I can upgrade the memory if necessary. Haven't really decided on a specific model though. The N series seems formidable, but so is the price. I guess I have to cross that model off my list. :-)

I also plan on posting an update on my son's blog about the importance of telling the truth. I caught my son in a series of white lies not so long ago, and I have spoken with him about this, trying to imprint on him the importance of speaking the truth. I'd like to think that I got through to him, but I guess only time will tell. I intend on reminding him the next time we speak. Wouldn't want him to grow up into another Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo...or a Norberto Gonzales.

Speaking of Norberto Gonzales, I also intend on posting my two cents worth on the Venable LLP controversy. *sigh* So many things to blog about, so little time...

What can I say? I live a boring life.

That's it for today. I'll try to catch up on my blogging in the next few days.

Comments

Punzi said…
No true. I'll read your Star Trek posts...

BTW, where did you get your Voyager copies? Available na ba locally? That's the only series I intend to buy kasi...
rain said…
I'm super grateful to you, as u've probably discovered, i'm the lingering type!hehe so i really couldn't get over losing my old pinky world...my thoughts lingered about it and how much i miss it!hehe
Ronald Allan said…
Punz, the Voyager compilation is "authenticity challenged" if you know what I mean. :-) I'm sure you can find it at your local "dibidi" source. :-)

I couldn't find any genuine copies of it for sale at Astrovision, but I did manage to find a copy of "Star Trek: First Contact."

Rain, glad to have helped you deal with your obsession. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger