Midnight thoughts....

It's five minutes past midnight, and I'm still awake. Must be all that caffeine and nicotine that I find myself relying on to in order to keep my mind alert while reading what seems to pages and pages of text.

Well, the bottomline is, I'm not the least bit sleepy. Maybe in an hour or so I can turn in.

So I sit here in front of my PC, typing whatever comes to mind, while listening to whatever random song Winamp blasts out through the speakers. Right now its playing a song entitled Living in Oblivion, by Anything Box from my 90s folder. I remember when I first heard this song, I think I was in my sophomore year at MIT. The song really lodged itself in my brain since it was basically what I felt about myself at the time - literally being afraid of making the wrong choices, eventually ending up in, well, oblivion. Its quite funny if you think about it. Fast forward about 16 years, and I still have those fears. I guess its because of all the uncertainty about what the future holds. It seems nowadays nothing is certain. With everything that's happening in the local political scene, the economy, and the world, nothing really seems to be set in stone.

Earlier today I bought P200.00 worth of gasoline. That's only about five liters. What a rip. When I first learned to drive, gas was about P9.00 a liter, and P200.00 would buy half a tank of gas for my old 1983 1.3L Ford Laser Hatchback. Those were the days. I guess its but natural to long for the past at times. Things seemed so easier and less complicated then. Sometimes when we get older, the past can be the only thing that can keep us going.

Accept certain inalienable truths. Prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

- Mary Schmich

So true, don't you think?

I'm rambling ain't I?

And my grammar and sentence construction seem to somewhat faulty.

I guess it's about time I turn in.

Who knows? Maybe I'll dream of something nice. :-)

Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger