Market Market....

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThis afternoon my son and I went malling in Market Market, a relatively new mall located in Fort Bonifacio Global City. It was only my second time to go there, and my son's first. We spent most of the time scouting..."surveying" the entire mall, figuring out which places are where, and what places are worth visiting.

Trying to wean my son from his overindulgence with video games, I strove to expose him to other, more worthwhile, more artistic pursuits. After passing by one of the music instrument shops, we ended up buying a junior guitar which seemed just right for his size. We agreed to set aside playing video games for the time being next week, and I would be making an endeavor to teach him the basics of guitar playing. The woman who assisted us, a nice, refined, middle-aged lady who I presumed to be the manager or proprietor remarked that she thought my son was my younger brother. It was only until Aaron called me "Daddy" that she realized that he was actually my son. Hmmm...maybe I'm not so old as I thought I was. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThere were a lot of furniture shops as well, and I also made an attempt to teach my son the nuances of how to appreciate the artistry and beauty of wooden furniture, particularly on both ends of the spectrum, from the Spanish style antiques to those pieces rendered in modernist styles. It was also an opportunity to catch a glimpse of the work of one of my friends who was exhibiting an intriguing piece called a "Gabriela Chair." It was asymmetric, finished in dark wood and possessed a simple, natural, flowing character which is distinctly Filipino, but with a hint of modernism. Did I describe that right? I keep getting my art terms mixed up. Maybe I should have read the description, which was right there in front of me. :-) Thought the design was eye catching, and kinda classy as well. If you're looking for made to order furniture or other interior pieces, let me know, maybe I can refer you to her company, which does fine work, as you can plainly see. :-) Hmm...wonder if I'll get a commission...hahahaha :-)

Tomorrow's Monday again. Ahh...I hate Mondays....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger