Warning Signs....

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAn officemate recently brought to work a new potted plant for her desk to replace another which was not growing very well. A picture her new plant is shown on the left. One of the first things that I noticed on the plant was the presence of a teensy weensy sign sticking out from the soil. It was, rather ingeniously, constructed of a bent paper clip and a post-it note.


Image hosted by Photobucket.comUpon closer inspection, the sign turned out to say:

Pls. don't put your ashes here!
ASSHOLE!

Hahaha! It turns out that the sign was intended for me, since I sometimes use her earlier potted plant as an ashtray of sorts. :-) Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't ash make a good fertilizer? Isn't that the reason why farmlands near active volcanoes tend to be fertile, because of all the volcanic ash? And I thought I was doing her plant a favor...:-) A close up picture of the sign is shown above...a bit blurred though. Camera phones apparently lose focus when taking extremely close shots.

I suggested she put more signs on her plant, like "Bawal umihi dito" or "Bawal umistambay dito." Hahaha...:-)

Comments

Ronald Allan said…
The plant was asking for it...:-)
silentmode_v2 said…
i suffered the same demise of my potted plant because some bastards put ashes (plus ciggie butts) on the plant. i think tobacco ashes are different from volcanic ones...
Anonymous said…
we should be careful in putting the profanity "asshole" anywhere near our potted plants. might tempt the smoker to mix "night soil" to fertilize your plant. it's gross, but logical (it's the only thing that comes out of the ass)
Anonymous said…
sorry that was really gross. please, kindly remove it admin.
Ronald Allan said…
At least I don't stick my ciggie butts there...the butts are not environment friendly as they are not biodegradable. I think they're made of polypropylene foam or something like that.

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger