The fates are kind....

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThe fates have been kind to me. I recently learned via my colleagues Ken and xtnag that I was among those who passed the Career Service Executive Examination/Management Aptitude Test Battery (CSEE/MATB). The results were only released last October 21.

In case you're not a Filipino civil servant, the CSEE/MATB is the first step in a four-part examination system for qualification into the third or executive level of government service.

According to the Civil Service Commission (CSC) website, 4,751 examinees took the written exam last July 17. Of those, there were 364 passers, while 149 were qualified for supplemental written examinations (SWEs). Assuming all those qualifed for SWEs pass, we're talking 513 out of a total of 4,751, or a 10.8% passing rate.

I really didn't expect to pass. The questions were really difficult, and the time allotted wasn't really enough. Just ask anyone who took it. I guess I'm just lucky to squeak through. Hopefully fortune will still be on my side in the succeeding stages.

To God, I offer my thanks. To all those who passed, my heartfelt congratulations. To those who will take the SWEs, good luck to all of you. Hope to see you all in the next phase.

And may the fates be kind to us all.

Comments

rain said…
what did i tell yah?? ur a freak...of nature! congrats! congrats!
TK said…
"MISGUIDED DECISION TO TAKE THE CES EXAM" I'm Not sure if I remember you post right. anyway, Congrats Pre! Should you decide to celebrate with a few thousand rounds don't forget to give me a shout. email or literal.
Ronald Allan said…
Rain: It takes one to know one. :-) Thanks!

May: Nge. Bibili mo ako sa Starbucks. :-) Thanks!

TK: You still remember that one? That was ages ago. :-) Sure, anytime. :-)
Ronald Allan said…
Is that even possible? :-)

Thanks man. :-)
darlene said…
that's great! blowout naman dyan!
Unknown said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well deserved!
Ronald Allan said…
Thanks people. :-)
OptyMyst said…
congratulations ron! wow! all the best from the u.s. midwest for the rest of your future.
Ronald Allan said…
Thanks OptyMyst. :-) It isn't often that the US Midwest wishes me well. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger