The first step....

Late last week I found myself waiting in line in the DFA for the obligatory "personal appearance" before one is granted a Philippine passport. During the wait I silently asked myself what is it that possessed me to actually exert the effort to have a passport of my own. Actually, I don't know.

I was never really the traveling type as far as I could remember. In fact, my idea of a nice vacation is to stay at home and tinker with stuff. However, I guess I finally came to the realization that sooner or later I would probably have to spread my wings and travel to other countries. Well, that, and the standing offer of assistance in getting a passport from a colleague who happens to run a travel agency.

What have I got to lose?

One never knows what opportunities may present themselves in the future. Foreign travel may just be one of them. And of course, the first step to traveling out of the country is to secure a passport. Might as well tie up this one loose end now, while I don't really need it yet, rather than worry about it when the need is already there. Who knows? Maybe I'll win the lotto jackpot and go round the world. Don't laugh. Stranger things have been known to happen. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Where personal appearances are made.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Long lines. A lot of people seem to be in a hurry to leave the Philippines. Who can blame them?

Comments

rain said…
it's about time that you did...i got mine in 2002, it's your other 'ticket' to the world!hehe
Ronald Allan said…
Now if I could only scrounge up the plane fare...:-)
rain said…
fulfilling a dream must not be hampered by having not enough resources, you only have to want them to much and that will push you to it...

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger