Geopathic stress - is it real?

I used to think that geopathic stress was nothing but pseudoscientific new age mumbo jumbo. Now I'm starting to think that it's real.

In case you haven't heard of it, geopathic stress is defined as vibrations which rise up through the earth and are distorted by weak electromagnetic fields created by subterranean running water, certain mineral concentrations, fault lines and underground cavities. The vibration distorted becomes abnormally high and harmful to living organisms.

(Reference: Geopathic Stress by Rolf Gordon)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Principles:

In the 1930s, geopathy pioneer George Lakhovsky first claimed that geopathic stress causes the human body to vibrate at much higher frequencies than normal, and can affect immune system function, making people sleeping or working in geopathically stressed locations more susceptible to viruses, bacteria, environmental pollution and parasites. Viruses and bacterium vibrate at over 140 Hz and parasites, including bed bugs, vibrate at over 250 Hz.

Geopathic theory holds that the inner Earth normally vibrates at 8 hertz, or cycles per second, but locations of geopathic stress are known to vibrate at much higher frequencies. If the inner Earth's vibration of 8 Hz crosses a water vein 60-150 meters below ground, stress lines vibrating at up to 250 Hz can be created. Similar to EMFs (electromagnetic forces), such frequency anomalies are blamed for causing disturbances in the immune system, behaviour and cellular structure.


(Reference: Geopathic stress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Supposedly, variations in vibrating frequencies being generated by the Earth's inner core caused by ground water, mineral deposits, fault lines, underground cavities, etc. can reduce the efficiency of the body's immune system, and making it susceptible to a variety of diseases or medical conditions such as cancer, asthma, multiple sclerosis, rheumatism, onset of AIDS, tuberculosis and meningitis. It is also said to play a part in depression, miscarriage, birth defects, SIDS and many nervous conditions.

I wonder if this is true. Curiously enough, I think I can relate. I was never really a sickly individual. I was rarely late, rarely absent from work. Then five years ago our office transferred to a building in Pasig City. I felt more tired and exhausted, became late more often, and excused myself from work on account of illness more frequently than I did before. Jokingly I told my colleagues that our new office didn't "feel" right, that I was picking up "bad vibes." I never realized how potentially true my statements were at the time.

Here's a quick quiz by Rolf Gordon to supposedly determine if you're suffering from geopathic stress:

  1. Did my health problem begin shortly after moving into this home or place of work?

  2. Do I feel better when I am away from the home or place of work?

  3. Do any of my family feel uneasy about the ‘atmosphere’ at home?

  4. Did the previous occupant’s suffer from any serious or long term illness?

  5. Does the illness seem to be worse during autumn or spring or wet stormy weather? (When underground water may be flowing at higher velocity)

  6. Were there any nearby disturbances, which may have caused underground water veins to flow into different channels under my house prior to my illness? (landslides, building and road work, working quarries and mines etc.)

  7. Does my home or any part of it feel unnaturally cold or damp?

Like I said earlier, my health problems seemingly started after our office transferred to another building. I don't know if it's just in my head, but I actually feel better I'm when not at the office. Is it also just coincidence that in the past five years ever since we transferred, I've seen more colleagues die per year from natural and unnatural causes than the preceding four years in a different building (but then again, maybe its just because our office had more employees in the past five years)? I tried looking for geologic data on Pasig City on the internet, couldn't find anything conclusive yet. I did find something about how the Pasig River connects Manila Bay to Laguna de Bay, and presumably that implies that there are probably subterranean channels feeding off the Pasig River where water seeps through under Pasig City. I don't know. I'm not a geology expert. Our building's underground basement parking which also has a canteen does feel damp, so much that I could hardly stand going down there. In fact, I haven't been there in months.

So, is geopathic stress nothing but new age baloney or is it a real phenomenon? I can't answer that. I don't know. Really now, "bad earth vibrations?" At this point there doesn't seem to be much scientific data to conclusively prove that it's real. However, if I look back at my experiences since my place of work changed, I'm inclined to think that maybe it is. Perhaps you're a colleague of mine and have similar experiences. Or perhaps you've had your own unique experiences in other places. All I can say is, geopathic stress may be a pseudoscience, but to some people, perhaps myself included, it seems real enough. Real enough to at least make me wonder.

Links:

Harmful earth rays cause stress - INQ7.net

Comments

rain said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rain said…
I deleted my previous comment kasi wrong grammar! hahaha anyways, here's other one: how about the stress that you get by being with 'certain' people? is there a term for that aside from 'stressors' or 'toxics'?
TK said…
I don't think they have presented enough compelling evidence to believe it exists- beyond reasonable doubt. I may be wrong ofcourse. statistically, Pasig area daw in general has a fair share of catastrophic diseases- but the cases are not higher than the rest of Luzon. Pero we can check the census in tertiary hospitals to verify this claim of the epidemiologists. in your case, p're, why not try a vacation (south of france with a significant someone.) I guarantee you it will do you a lot of good. rain or shine.
Ronald Allan said…
Rain: Interesting. I'll look it up. :-)

Snglguy: I already did. Seems screwy to me. :-) Dang, its hard getting old. :-)

TK: An interesting way of verifying if people in Pasig are more sickly. Do we have that kind of data? You never know, we may just be on to something. :-)

As for the vacation, I'm kinda on an informal vacation right now. On sick leave for the last week. :-)

You're giving me ideas again...rain or shine...:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger