Light at the end of the tunnel....

There may just be light at the end of the tunnel for the more than 44 million carriers of HIV worldwide.

A 25 year-old man, diagnosed as HIV positive in August 2002, was discovered to be HIV negative 14 months later, in October of 2003.

Briton Andrew Stimpson, is reported to be the only person to contract HIV, and beat it. While it has been supposedly confirmed that there was no mix-up in his positive and negative HIV tests, Stimpson has declined offers for additional testing to verify the results, and possibly to come up with a scientific explanation.

This is the first and only well documented case of a human being infected with HIV successfully being able to purge it from his system spontaneously, without the use of any drugs or medications. It is hoped that the initial positive and subsequent negative results of Stimpson could be verified. If so, the key to a cure may just lay within Stimpson's immune system. And with it, hope for all the HIV carriers around the world.

Links:

I'M FIRST IN WORLD TO BE CURED OF HIV
Briton world's first to beat HIV: reports
Caution over HIV 'cure' claims

Comments

OptyMyst said…
Oh my gosh! I will pray for the light at the end of this tunnel. What great news to share, Ron. Thanks.
Ronald Allan said…
Yeah. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a false alarm. We could definitely use some good news in battle versus HIV/AIDS.
Ronald Allan said…
I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. Yeah, I've thought about the possibility of a lab mix-up too. I'm no expert, but I would surmise that even if the body manages to purge itself of HIV, antibodies should still remain right? In this story's case, there aren't even any antibodies left. I may suggest the possibility that the person has never contracted the virus in the first place.

Well, I hope I'm wrong. It would be a huge step towards a possible cure if we discover the mechanics of how his body rid itself of the AIDS virus.

Godspeed to your cause, and good luck to you and your family.

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger