Unaware of your angel

Foreword:

This is a nice and inspiring story that I received through email some time ago. The title posted above is based on the subject heading of that email. Before you proceed, please note that this story is known in some quarters as The Pink Dress and is not owned or copyrighted by anyone under any title, and therefore is considered in the public domain. Contrary to what some people may want you to believe, this was not ripped off from anyone else's blog. That would constitute plagiarism, which I look down on. Considering that this story is in the public domain, it is in fact posted on many different sites and blogs. The original author is unknown, and therefore unattributed. Please know all the facts before jumping to conclusions, and read my disclaimer at the bottom of my sidebar.

For a more thorough discussion of this matter, click here.

Thank you very much for your time and your interest in learning the truth.

(Foreword dated November 23, 2005.)




There was this little girl sitting by herself in the park.

Everyone passed by her and never stopped to see why she looked so sad. Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just sat and watched the people go by.

She never tried to speak. She never said a word.

Many people passed by her, but no one would stop.

The next day I decided to go back to the park in curiosity to see if the little girl would still be there.

Yes, she was there, right in the very spot where she was yesterday, and still with the same sad look in her eyes.

Today I was to make my own move and walk over to the little girl.

For as we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for young children to play alone.

As I got closer I could see the back of the little girl's dress. It was grotesquely shaped.

I figured that was the reason people just passed by and made no effort to speak to her.

Deformities are a low blow to our society and, heaven forbid if you make a step toward assisting someone who is different.

As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly to avoid my intent stare. As I approached her, I could see the shape of her back more clearly.

She was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was OK; I was there to help, to talk. I sat down beside her and opened with a simple, "Hello."

The little girl acted shocked, and stammered a "hi"; after a long stare into my eyes. I smiled and she shyly smiled back.

We talked until darkness fell and the park was completely empty. I asked the girl why she was so sad.

The little girl looked at me with a sad face said, "Because, I'm different." I immediately said, "That you are!"; and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder and said, "I know."

"Little girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent."

She looked at me and smiled, then slowly she got to her feet and said, "Really?" "Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to watch over all people walking by."

She nodded her head yes, and smiled.

With that she opened the back of her pink dress and allowed her wings to spread, then she said "I am." "I'm your Guardian Angel," with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless -- sure I was seeing things.

She said, "For once you thought of someone other than yourself.

My job here is done".

I got to my feet and said, "Wait, why did no one stop to help an angel?"

She looked at me, smiled, and said, "You're the only one that could s ee me," and then she was gone.

And with that, my life was changed dramatically.

So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is always watching over you.

Like the story says, we all need someone...

And, every one of your friends is an Angel in their own way. The value of a friend is measured in the heart.

I hope your Guardian Angel watches over you always.

Comments

rain said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rain said…
I think you're one of my guardian angels:-)

p.s. I deleted my first comment, wrong spelling eh.hehehe
that's creepy, dude! what if the "angel" turned out to be Sadako?
Ronald Allan said…
Snglguy: I do too. :-) Maybe not necessarily "angels with wings" literally, but angels nonetheless...

Rain: Aww...I'm touched. :-)

Categorically imperative: Now that would be cool, wouldn't it? :-)
Anonymous said…
Our Guardian Angels?

Both the good and bad angels claim to be a guardian (a conductor). They are both present at all times. They never leave you. They stick like epoxy glue. You will recognize who’s telling you what and you will eventually act (allowing the transmission of this form of energy creating an action) upon the most persuasive ideas (thoughts). Right or wrong, who else will make this claim but the self known as “You”, the reactor?

Awareness, how challenging can it be to remain conscious eh!
OptyMyst said…
i believe. i have heard them.
Ronald Allan said…
CL: I have never heard anyone explain the concept of angels the way you just did. Fascinating. :-) BTW, who's your famous person in the test? :-)

OptyMyst: What did they say? :-)
Anonymous said…
may i ask if you are the original of this post? Please check this site below.

http://myepinoy.happyhost.org/archive/nov2004/The_pink_dress.html

OR are you like Mr Pogi?????
Ronald Allan said…
Anonymous: Sure you may. :-) The answer is no, I am not the author of the story.

Please note that I never claimed to be the original author.

This story was widely circulated via email with the subject heading: "Unaware of your angel." It is also circulated with another title: "The Pink Dress."

With all due respect to myepinoy, who also posted this story some time before, this material is for all intents and purposes, public domain, as no one seems to claim a copyright over it. It is also posted in a lot of other sites as well, like the following:

http://www.ebrew.com/Jess/inspirational/the_pink_dress.htm
http://www.classbrain.com/artread/publish/article_144.shtml
http://www.nativeamericanjobs.com/The%20angel%20in%20the%20Pink%20Dress.htm

For the most part, the author seems to be unknown as he or she was not cited in the links above, or just referred to as "author unknown."

I'm pretty sure that posting an uncopyrighted work or one belong to the public domain is not plagiarism.

As for Mr. Pogi, I haven't really come across him in my bloghops.

It is my understanding that plagiarism is being alluded to. I am against plagiarism as well, in fact I abhor it, and would never knowingly post material belonging to someone else.

If by mistake I post material owned, written, or copyrighted by someone else, please let me know and I will remove the offending post promptly.

Thank you for your observations though, I probably should have made it more clear by saying something how I came across it.

And I appreciate your giving me a chance to explain my side.
Ronald Allan said…
The URLs in my previous comment were truncated. The complete addresses are:

http://www.ebrew.com/Jess/inspirational/the_pink_dress.htm

http://www.nativeamericanjobs.com/The%20angel%20in%20the%20Pink%20Dress.htm

http://www.classbrain.com/artread/publish/article_144.shtml
Anonymous said…
"Please note that I never claimed to be the original author."

Isn't that the same reasoning Mr Pogi said and he was condemned either way? I've seen many comments towards Mr Pogi, and some thoughts you also had about it. This is like the pot calling the kettle black. hmmmmm
_____________________________

"For the most part, the author seems to be unknown as he or she was not cited in the links above, or just referred to as "author unknown." "

So why didn't you referred your source as unknown in the first place???
___________________________________

just seeking the truth here.

Palusot ka pa, kolokoy mo!
Ronald Allan said…
Anonymous: I'm not arguing with you, it is clear you already have your own opinion to which you are clearly entitled to.

I do not have any idea who Mr. Pogi is, so I really don't care for the comparison.

As for my reasoning, it is perfectly valid. It is not plagiarism if I don't claim the material as my own.

Plagiarism: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work

Dictionary.com


If you read my disclaimer in the sidebar in its entirety, it clearly states:

Some posted material are not original works and are merely collected from various sources such as email or the internet. Authorship of works of this type is not in any way claimed. Original authors are cited whenever known.

Ergo, if I didn't cite the author, its because I didn't know the author in the first place. It's a blanket statement. That is precisely what disclaimers are for.

While your logic is fascinating, plagiarism simply cannot be applied in this instance. Despite your persistence, the subject of the matter is not an original blog post, but an uncopyrighted story belonging to the public domain.

I know perfectly well what plagiarism is, and what you're driving at simply does NOT qualify as plagiarism, not in any textbook, in any law book, not in fact anywhere.

Just perhaps, possibly, maybe you need to broaden your understanding of the subject.

I've already said what there is to say about this subject.

If you read my disclaimer in its entirety, you will find the paragraph which states:

The blog owner reserves the right to delete all comments or messages which may be construed as offensive.

While I was inclined to do the same because of your penchance for name-calling, I decided against it for the sake of other people who may find your questions valid.

You've said your peace, and so have I. Let the readers decide if I am a plagiarist or not.

If you still feel inclined to comment more, you may, please remember to just extend proper courtesy, lest face deletion. This is my blog, and I do have that right.

I have bent over backwards just to accomodate the comments of someone not willing to share his or her name. That is probably more than any other blogger would care to do.

If you stand by your beliefs and really care about the truth, why not share your name? If that is what you believe, no one will hold that against you. Unless you have other motives...

But I digress. That's all I have to say.

And have a pleasant day...:-)
Ronald Allan said…
Well, I was once told that it didn't matter if we believed in them or not. It's because they believe in us.

Fascinating, don't you think? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger