Never mind....

I was supposed to make a post today before I call it a night, but in the middle of the draft, Firefox just crashed on me. I lost the draft, and the recover post option didn't help. I'm too lazy to rewrite it, so I'll just type up this short rant.

I'm used to application crashes happening on occassion. That's part of the experience of computing. Sometimes a program quits for no apparent reason. We grit our teeth, mutter an expletive under our breath, and carry on. But I'm kinda annoyed since I think it's Firefox itself which is at fault. I've been having Firefox crash on me with increasing frequency, and I find that alarming, more so considering that I'm using the latest version of the browser (1.5.0.1) and Firefox has never really been that unstable before version 1.5.

And no, it's not a problem with my computer. It's only Firefox which crashes.

I've lost more than my fair share of posts (silly me for not saving a draft in the middle of the post, but when I have a topic in mind, I just type away...) and frankly, I'm starting to get pissed. I certainly hope Mozilla fixes Firefox and soon. If not, I may have to consider returning (chill goes down my spine) to Internet Explorer.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like reconstructing the post I lost. Then again, maybe I'll just think about something else to blog about.

Comments

Punzi said…
One more reason to get a Mac. And stick to Safari with it.

I'm using Camino here is it crashes once in a while (since it's still on beta).
Ronald Allan said…
PCs/Macs...except for the OS, the distinctions are getting blurred. Macs are now using Intel processors, and somehow I don't feel like shelling out for four or five times the cost of a PC for what amounts to be another PC clone (albeit a highly fashionable one).

Let's face it. The Mac is the easier to use, and more stable platform. But value for money? Performance? Software? I'll pass.

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger