Another one of those days....

Have you ever had one of those days, the kind of the day you're already expecting to be bad...even though you just woke up?

I think this is going to be one of those days.

Just this morning, an officemate who bought my old clunker of a car, kept calling...several times...on my landline, and on both of my cellphones, while I was taking a dump and taking a shower...when a simple text message will do. Some people don't seem to realize that just because they have my numbers, it doesn't mean they can call me anytime of the day or night.

Besides, I'm really not much of a phone person. Most of my phone calls last only a minute or so, more often than not less. I rely on text messaging more, but even then I don't really use it to text anyone else except my son, or the occasional officemate. Well, at least until a couple months ago. Now I seem to use it a lot. Not that I'm complaining.

Going back...it hasn't really been a good week...but it can't be helped I suppose. It comes with the territory. And then there's today. Today of all days.

Today is my wedding anniversary. Of course I'm no longer married now...but if I still were...it would have been my 16th. It's not that I miss my ex-wife. She's moved on a long time ago and so have I. If there's something I miss, it's probably the feeling of security knowing there's always someone there...because whether I'd care to admit it or not...it's not easy facing all of life's challenges by yourself, and successes don't really seem to be that sweet if there's no one to share them with.

I don't really think of my solitude often...maybe a few times a year...on the usual dates...Christmas, Valentines, my birthday, the entire summer...and that includes my former wedding anniversary. Today.

A couple of friends are inviting me to join them later to attend Noynoy's miting de avance later at the Quezon City Circle. While it may be fun, I don't really like crowds. And with election fever at an all-time high, it may be safer to stay away, you never know what may happen.

Another group of friends are going for a round of drinks. While they're a good bunch, I don't feel like joining them, not right now at least. I don't think I'll make really good company now, especially with a beer in hand, and with all these thoughts in my head.

I don't know. What I really want is to be with...well. But we can't always get what we want, so maybe I'll see Iron Man II if I'm bored. If not, I can always download the latest episode of Naruto Shippuden (it's due out today) and finish the rest of my wine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger