Status update....

This is one of those posts which are about nothing in particular. I felt like posting an update, but for the life of me, nothing really blog-worthy seems to be popping into my head at this very moment.

I'm not saying that there's nothing going on. I guess there is, but at this point in time I guess I'd rather not blog about it since it's a hanging issue, and I don't think its a good idea to preempt something, whether it goes one way or another. Suffice it to say that I'm still hoping for the best, and at the same time, afraid of...yet preparing for the worst.

As for other things...not much to report.

I keep getting a lot of input from other people suggesting that I try doing something new in our office. At this point I'm not so sure about that. Maybe I'll wait until things settle down. With the national elections over more than a week ago, and a new administration starting on June 30, a lot of things could still happen in our office. It's not impossible for our office to have its own change of administration, so I guess long-term career plans, and for that matter, any long-term plans regarding our office would have to held in abeyance at least until after June.

I haven't seen my son in about two weeks, probably more if I really counted the days. I'm not really complaining or anything, I'm used to him being away on trips for long periods of time with his mom, and besides, it's good that he gets to go places. I was never really much of a travel person, and it's not very likely he would get the same experiences with me.

It is a bit boring though. If I wasn't doing what I'm currently doing, I would probably be bored silly. If my son were here, it's not as if we would do a lot stuff together. He's a teenager, with a mind and world of his own, and he's no longer the chubby kid I used to drag along with me to malls and parks, the kid I used to bribe with visits to McDonald's or Jollibee or Toy Kingdom just to get him on board. Nowadays, he'd just log on Facebook or play Cabal Online and chat with his friends and guildmates while an anime is playing in a window until someone told him that it was time to eat. Not that he's a couch potato. He goes biking, skateboarding and waveboarding whenever the sun isn't too hot.

Speaking of friends, my son already has 360 friends on his Facebook account, almost a hundred more than me. I used to play this game in my head that I shouldn't let my son have more friends than me on Facebook. :-) Unfortunately, my son has more charisma and makes friends quite easily, and it was inevitable that he would exceed my number of Facebook friends in a relatively short amount of time.

That's good. He's becoming a person in his own right, and not just his parents' son.

Hmmm...so what else is there to talk about?

I'm still figuring out what I want to do with my life. I think I already have an idea, but I don't want to jinx it. Let's just say that I don't want to go back to what I was before. The place I was before was just a void. A safe void, but a void nonetheless. It wasn't really a nice place to be, and I'd rather not go back there if I had anything to say about it.

For now, I'm happier than I've been in a long time, and I aim to make the most of it. I want this state to last a long, long time, but unfortunately that's really not up to me. Even if things go south from here though...even if the feelings of happiness end right this very moment...everything that happened wasn't in vain. I've been happier the past several weeks (with some scattered bouts of depression here and there, since it comes with the territory) than I was the past several years, and those moments of happiness, fleeting as they may end up being, make everything worth it.

Postscript:

Jiraiya is dead. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger