Books I almost bought...but didn't

I love bookstores. As someone who likes to read, a bookstore for me is a virtual paradise. A treasure trove of volumes upon volumes of books covering just about any topic you can think of. I can stay inside a well-stocked bookstore for hours on end and not be bored. History, politics, science and technology, religion, occult, business, self-help, humor, etc., whatever subject you're interested in, there's bound to be a book somewhere out there just right for you waiting to be found.

And looking for books which suit your fancy is part of the fun. Unfortunately, I don't have limitless resources, particularly with regard to the two most important when it comes to books - money, to buy the books with, and time, to spend reading the books. Most of you probably can relate, to varying degrees. As such, whenever browsing for books, most of us probably have a checklist of sorts in our heads before we plunk down our cash or a credit card. Is this book any good? Can I actually finish this book? Do I really want to read this? Can I afford this? Well...you get the picture.

Having some form of criteria regarding the books we actually buy, its quite inevitable that some books get bypassed, filtered out by the subconscious selection process running in our brains. Though I've been doing this automatically every time I walk through the various aisles of a bookstore, it was only yesterday that I actually thought about what I was doing. On a lark, I started taking pictures using my trusty camera phone of the various books which caught me eye...well for a minute or two, before I passed on it and carried on with my search. Here are some of those books.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Take note, I didn't actually buy any of these...though on another day with with a different mind set...I may have. :-) I guess this only goes to show how my taste in books can be weird and pathetic at times. Oh well. We all have our moments. I did get to buy a book, but that's a story for another post. :-)

So many books, so little time...

How about you? Any books you thought of buying but didn't? :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger