The bored office worker - a photo essay....

While drafting yesterday's somewhat offbeat post and while combing though my My Pictures folder searching for a pic of our cat, I came across a lot of archived old photos that I took with my camera phone quite a number of months ago. I never did get to use many of them here on my blog, but some of them seem good enough to be blog-worthy, and it would be shame to let them go to waste. Even found a common theme for them, which is actually the title of this post: The bored office worker - a photo essay.... If anything else, these photos only demonstrate how much idle time I have on my hands:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A southeast view from the 19th floor of my office building. That's Shaw Boulevard.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another view, from precisely the same vantage point, at night. I have a similar set of pictures, looking westward and with different weather conditions on my earlier post entitled The Pasig City Skyline....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
While I may not like working in this office, I certainly have no complaints about the view. This is the view of the outside world that I have from my workspace.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The sun reflecting off my monitor is but a grim reminder that there are still a lot of hours left in the day before I can go home... A photo of that very scene reflected on my monitor can be found on an earlier post entitled The view from up there....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Try threatening someone with a pen and you'll realize how wrong that statement is.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ever wish life's mistakes could be erased, just like that? I do. All the time. But we can't, so we learn our lessons, and plod on through life a little wiser.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sometimes a cup of coffee is the only refuge we have against annoying colleagues and incompetent managers. Better to just relax and have a cup of coffee than attempt to threaten them with a pen.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So where did I put that document?

If you're thinking "If he hates that job that much, than why doesn't he quit? the answer is, I do fully intend to get out of here as soon as I can. Until then, I could use the money, and at least I have my friends to make my tenure here as bearable as possible.

So it's off to work again tomorrow. *sigh*

Comments

rain said…
i can smell angst somewhere....hahaha
TK said…
your goal should be to work WITH the corp. instead of working FOR it...

in the mean time, you should install some first person shooter games up there or RTS (ZeroHour) and send me an invite when I'm not busy.
Ronald Allan said…
Guy: Work? What's that? :-)

Rain: Really? You think? :-)

Cat: Thanks Cat! :-)

TK: I would, buy my office PC isn't powerful enough to run the good stuff. I neet at least a 2 GHz processor with a gig of RAM and a DirectX 9.0 compatible video card with 256 MB of video memory...

How bout a game of Hearts? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger