5,000 hits and counting....

It took about six months, and almost 300 posts, but I finally managed to reach 5,000 hits on my counter. Amazing. And I thought I'd get tired of blogging within the first month or so. When I first created this blog and entered my very first post on November 19 last year, I had no idea what this blog was going to be all about, and how much it was to become part of my daily routine.

Well, approximately six months, 300 posts, and 5,000 visitors later, I'm still not sure what this blog is all about. An inspection of my posts since the beginning reveal that they mostly fall under the following categories:

  • Anecdotes on my personal experiences;

  • Books that I've read;

  • My personal opinions;

  • Greetings and site referrals;

  • Pictures that I took;

  • Songs that I like;

  • Computer stuff, like hardware, browsers, games, etc.;

  • Insightful or funny messages or pictures I receive through email or find on the net;

  • Poetry;

  • Art;

  • Self test results;

  • Factoids, snippets, trivia;

  • Others.

More or less just a mish mash of ideas, and random thoughts and musings. I guess that's the beauty of having a blog. There are no rules, you just write about whatever is on your mind, and you even get to meet people who may share your opinion, as well as some who may not. I guess I've learned a lot too. In a way blogging has not only helped me hone my writing skills but it also helped me in dealing with some of life's nuances and mysteries. What's next? Well, at least for the foreseeable future, I hope to be able to continue with blogging.

To those who drop by ever so often, thanks! :-) I just hope that through this blog I was able to give you even an teeny bit of insight, or share a smidgen of useful information, or provide you with some diversion or entertainment...even if just a little. To those who just discovered this small niche of mine in the blogosphere, I hope you'd come back to visit.

Thanks everyone.

Now to think about the next 300 posts...

P.S. Congratulations to May for being my 5,000th visitor. :-) Visit Mayang's blog here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger