Paved with good intentions....

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Actually, this saying is supposed to mean that merely intending to do good, without actually doing it, is of no value. Unfortunately, there are times that even if you go through with something with nothing but the best of intentions, even if your actions are all focused on the single goal of helping others without any thought of getting anything in return, you may still come across people who would opt to take things the wrong way. Are they doing it deliberately? Not all I suppose. Perhaps some. Or maybe some people just can't help it. Or they don't know any better. I honestly have no idea why. I guess I'm stupid that way.

I have gone through life with the intention of helping anyone I can along the way. Sounds corny I know, perhaps even naive. Helping can bite you back if you're not wary. Perhaps one of the lessons in life is to know when to give help, and when not to, admittedly a lesson that I have yet to master, if I ever do. Some people ask for a mile when you give an inch. Some people consider you weak or gullible for helping other people. Some people become dependent on you, parasitic even, not bothering to exert the effort to help themselves. And some people you help end up disliking, even despising you, for the help you have given them. Its a big world out there, with millions of people, with different backgrounds, beliefs, values, morals, and what have you. Misunderstandings are inevitable. Yet for being chastised...for being called names for doing what one thinks is right seems very...well...puzzling.

No one is perfect. Yet there are some people who are quick to judge others. We all have our faults, our failings, our weaknesses. It is one of the things which make us unique...which establish our personality, our individuality. I guess some are just quick to jump the gun. Maybe familiarity makes us go further than we would go otherwise. You know what they say, familiarity breeds contempt.

Are we so negative that we always see the bad in people? I can't come clean regarding this matter myself, sometimes it can be very difficult to see the good in people. Especially if we've been blindsided one too many times. Or perhaps, the good is some people exists in our blindspot...somewhere we can't see. Like I said, nobody's perfect. Maybe we should just be patient with the faults of others...their shortcomings, their weaknesses. Maybe we should avoid being judgemental, being overly critical, being quick to voice an opinion, at the very least until we know the facts. Not some of the facts though. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. But even then, we should not be callous, insensitive or tactless. And I myself have been all of that to others at one time or another.

Oh well, what's done is done, and there's no use crying about spilled milk. We live, we learn, we make mistakes, we learn. To anyone whom I may have hurt, I'm truly sorry. That was never my intention, for whatever good that will do. That's all I can do, offer my sincere apology.

This is my blog, my small piece of real estate on the infinite expanse of cyberspace known as the internet. If you disagree with anything I blog about, to which you people have every right to, you should counter my writings and not me personally. I think that goes without saying.

If you're looking to post comments on this blog entry, don't bother, I turned it off. It's not that I'm depriving any of you of your rights to voice your opinion, I just feel this issue is better left alone for now. Some of you just don't know when to quit. If you have blogs of your own, feel free to come up with a repartee if you feel like it. That's your right. As for me, I've had enough of this topic.

I've put in a lot of time and effort in this blog, and I take blogging quite seriously, as far as my writing is concerned. Writing for me is an outlet for my thoughts. While criticism is always welcome, I would appreciate a little courtesy or decorum now and then. I suppose that isn't too much to ask?

Live and let live I always say. Thank you people for your attention. Now on to the rest of my life. And you people on with yours.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger