Network problems....

While I don't really believe that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day, in one aspect it was for me yesterday. I had absolutely no broadband internet service for the entire day, it seems my DSL connection was down for some reason. While this morning it seems to be working fine again, I do have some complaints about PLDT myDSL's technical support:

1. Calling their customer service number (172-375) is pretty hellish, as it puts you on hold for as long half an hour. Of course, there are no guarantees that someone would answer. It was on my fifth try, I think, before I got to talk with someone. Good thing I have a speaker phone, I don't think I would have the patience to hold a handset to my head for that long;

2. The customer service representative, a lady, while actually being nice enough, was of very little help. She did confirm that service was down in my area (like I didn't know) but she had absolutely no idea when the service would resume. Shouldn't their technical team coordinate with their CSRs?

3. I would imagine that if the service interruption was scheduled, they should have at least emailed a message, posted a notice on their website or something. While my account is only a personal residential account, I can just imagine the exasperation of business establishments in this area whose internet connection is vital to their operations;

4. And would they please update their website? The last subscriber bulletin was more than two months ago! I had to learn of the fact that they increased bandwidth speeds from an outside web forum and from a newspaper. They haven't even bothered to updated the listed speeds on their website. Surely, PLDT would have at least one employee who knows HTML?

As a result, I had to resort to using a dial-up connection again, just to do my routine stuff. Knew I kept that modem for a reason. :-)

Well, if anything, given the growing competition in the market place, as well as its growing subscriber base, PLDT myDSL should do something about its customer service, as it definitely still has a lot of room for improvement.

Word for the day:

Paraskevidekatriaphobia — a morbid, irrational fear of Friday the 13th

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger