World No Tobacco Day....

Image hosted by Photobucket.comToday, May 31, is World No Tobacco Day. On this day we should strive to increase awareness on the negative effects of tobacco use on public health and to curb the tide of nicotine addiction which has claimed the lives of so many people through tobacco-related diseases.

Smoking kills. Make no mistake about it.

It has been more than two weeks since I smoked my last cigarette. This time, I intend to quit for good. Not only for my own sake, but also for the sake of my child and the people around me who are inadvertent victims of second-hand smoke. With any luck, more people would be giving it up in the future.

Comments

Renee said…
Congratulations on your decision to quit. Stay steadfast in your goal. Your son and family will thank you for it.

Thanks for leaving a comment. Glad to know Haloscan didn't give you a hard time this time!

You know what's ironic? My first thought upon seeing your picture was that you reminded me of my former colleague, news reporter Alwyn Alburo. Anyway, it was nice to know you used to catch me on TV when I was still back there. ;-)
Ronald Allan said…
Hahaha...I always wanted a career in broadcast journalism. :-) It worked this time, probably because I visited your blog from my office instead of from home. Hmmm... :-)
Unknown said…
Hi RONALLAN!

It must be difficult for you to quit, that's what my husband tells me. He used to smoke 2 packs a day being in the news at ABS CBN, but he's down now to 1 pack a week. I hope he quits too, a pack is $4.50 here, P300.00 halos! grabe no!
Punzi said…
Good for you!!!! Non-smoker ka na dati, bigla kang nagsigarilyo...
Ronald Allan said…
It was a phase. :-) More difficult than actually quitting was avoiding for a time my friends who are still smokers, para di ka mayaya. Once they realize that you're no longer a smoker, its smooth sailing na, assuming you can control the urge. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger