The week that was....

Normally I post something about my past week on a Friday or Saturday, but somehow, due to my attention being taken up by other posts, time constraints, as well as other matters, it was only now that I found the time to tell you about the week that was.

Not that my past week was that exciting, far from it actually. Just a bunch of small stuff that I feel like sharing with you people. Here goes...

On work...

Most of last week, and probably this week as well, was spent on speculating who the next President and CEO of our office would be. Our current President and CEO has recently been appointed to another position, and at present there is still no official announcement on who will replace him (see previous post here). It is during times like these that office gossip and rumor-mongering are at an all time high. You can cut the tension with a knife. One never really knows what would happen next in the face of a management change.

On love...

Urmm...next topic please? Actually, nothing to report. Nothing. Literally. :-)

On gaming...

Through the combined efforts of my son and I, we successfully completed Electronic Arts' Need For Speed Underground 2 on the Playstation 2. The ending was pretty underwhelming, I was kinda expecting the game to last longer. I couldn't have finished the game without my son's help, he's the expert when it comes to drag racing. I specialize on Street X races, we pretty much shared the load when it came to other types of races.

As for my current status on Electronic Arts' Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (see my review of this game here), I'm still pinned by Japanese fire somewhere on Tarawa Island...

On movies...

Last week's hot new movie was without a doubt Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (see my review of this movie here). At home, I got to see on DVD Assault on Precinct 13, a remake of the 1976 movie by John Carpenter, Ocean's Twelve, the witty sequel to Ocean's Eleven, and Kingdom of Heaven, Ridley Scott's historical epic of the battle between Muslims and Christians for the city of Jerusalem. I have to say that the movie piqued my historical interest in the crusades, and I'll probably blog about it sometime in the future.

On books...

Am halfway through Pop: Truth and Power at the Coca-Cola Company by Constance Hays. It narrates in great detail the history behind the company responsible for producing the world's most popular softdrink.

On blogs and bloggers...

A blogger friend of mine recently brought to my attention that some blogs out in the blogosphere are actually ficitional. There is this one blog wherein the blogger, a girl, was apparently despondent over the death of her boyfriend due to a car accident. A lot of fellow bloggers, including myself, visited her blog and offered condolences. A week or so after the supposed "death," someone discovered that the pictures posted of her "so-called boyfriend" were actually pictures of a Hongkong pop star. Another even checked out the school where her boyfriend supposedly went...there was no record of the guy. Now the girl's blog is being flooded by irate bloggers who are fuming over the fact that they were taken for a ride. I believe she took those blogs down, except that of her "alleged" boyfriend.

Even though I wasn't that surprised, I personally don't know what to make of it. I always knew that there are some people who pretend to be other people on the net, and I have seem a lot of fake blogs over the months as well. I guess the difference in this case is that people actually thought that they were dealing with a real person, and some even got emotionally attached to the fake character. Well, I guess this serves as a warning to you guys, not all blogs are the real deal. But we all know that, don't we?

On a positive note, came across some kindred spirits in the blogosphere recently. Check these blogs out:

Punzi's Corner Blog - Just some random thoughts from just your average lawyer just plodding through life...
Warm Stone - Let me allow you to enter the center of my consciousness and feel every emotion that lies within...

I guess that's it for this installment guys. Until my next post. :-)

Quaere Verum.

Comments

Punzi said…
Thanks for the linkup pare. And the kind words. We have so many things in common. Even in love lives... heheheheh....uuuuuhhhhuuuuuwaaaaaaahhhhhh!
(joke only...)

So now I know where you work. Your former president/ceo is the brother of my client/landlord of my office space...
Ronald Allan said…
Small world isn't it? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger