Paid in Full

Another nice story making the rounds through email. It seems it would have been more appropriate had I posted it last Mother's day, but I guess better late than never. For all mothers out there.

My little boy came into the kitchen this evening while I was fixing supper and he handed me a piece of paper he'd been writing on.

So, after wiping my hands on my apron, I read it, and this is what it said:

For mowing the grass, $5.
For making my own bed this week, $1.
For going to the store $.50.
For playing with baby brother while you went shopping, $.25
For taking out the trash, $1.
For getting a good report card, $5.
For raking the yard, $2.

I looked at him standing there expectantly, and a thousand memories flashed through my mind.So, I picked up the paper, and turning it over, this is what I wrote:

For the nine months I carried you, growing inside me: No Charge.
For the nights I sat up with you, doctored you prayed for you...No Charge.
For the time and the tears, and the cost through the years. No Charge.
For the nights filled with dread, and the worries ahead. No Charge.
For advice and the knowledge, and the cost of your college. No Charge.
For the toys, food and clothes, and for wiping your nose. No Charge Son.
When you add it all up, the full cost of my love. No Charge.

Well, when he finished reading, he had great big tears in his eyes he looked up at me and he said, "Mama, I sure do love you." Then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote:

PAID IN FULL

Comments

Anonymous said…
where do you get all these stories? i love reading these kinds. moves me.
Ronald Allan said…
people just keep emailing them to me...:-) I post the nice ones...:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger