Sunday morning....

I'm getting tired of this weather. It's just too dang hot lately. Right now it's a bit cooler, only 33°C, but then again, it's still early in the day. Where I'm at, temperatures peak at around 37° to 38°C. The humidity doesn't seem to help either. Even with twelve fans my PC (with an Athlon XP 2400+ CPU) registers a pretty scalding 54°C even when idling. Under normal circumstances it should idle at around 47°C. It's been too hot to do anything lately. Oh well, it won't be long now before summer ends.

Came across a number of interesting and well written blogs lately. I don't know about you, but I'm a stiff when it comes to grammar. Not that I have perfect grammar myself, since I obviously don't, but somehow it's always easier to read blogs that don't have glaring grammatical errors. Unfortunately proficiency in speaking and writing in English in the Philippines seems to be declining as of late. Passable grammar is something we usually just take for granted, and we see it in the vast number of badly written blogs maintained by Filipinos in the blogosphere. Well, I'm proud to say, the following blogs aren't among them:

knuclecracker - random thoughts of a supladita who's afraid to grow up
ex-shoes me! - Step into a world of written schizophrenia* laced with humor, pain, wasabi, and/or crushed chili pepper.
Roane's Journal - A menagerie for her tamed thoughts.
photo-sekó - on slice fits all

Speaking of blogs, my friend Naomi just bequeathed to me here her former blogspace on i.ph. Apparently she was annoyed at all the bugs. Can't say I blame her. I'm trying to log on this very minute, the page won't even load. Yesterday when I did get to log in, a lot of the options just give me SQL errors. *sigh* It would seem that her entire enterprise of moving to i.ph wasn't worth the time, money, effort, and especially the aggravation on her part. She closed down her Blogger account with the expectation of moving to a better host, just when her blog already had a following. Well Naoms, hope you find a new host soon.

A person (is it even a person?) has been flooding my tag-board lately with plugs for an online gambling site. Suffice it to say, that I still don't have any idea how to get rid of these plugs. I'm using a basic (read: free) tag-board, so there aren't any available options for deleting posts or blocking IP addresses. Oh well, maybe it'll go away by itself. If not, I can always try a new tag-board.

Not much else to say for now. By the way I just got the proofs for the photo shoot our family had last week when my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Since some people have been asking, I'll probably post a few pics for everyone to see soon. Not that there's much to see anyhow. :-)

Quaere Verum.

Comments

Anonymous said…
your post about "paid in full" inspired me in another way..

again, it's about my i.ph "paid-in-full" blogsite.. well, what can i do? shit do happens sometimes.
Ronald Allan said…
Yeah sometimes it does. Too be honest it's a bit difficult to use. And I think the domain name is fixed, since you bought it already. Why not use it as a photoblog? A place to host your pictures, along with captions? Just host your regular blog somewhere else. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Commonwealth Ave. lot for Lease

Is aspartame safe?

Peddling Snake Oil - The Khaos Super Turbo Charger